Saturday 28 May 2011

A little bit more about me before I start…

Hello to anyone who’s reading, and thank you for taking the time to look at my bloggy blog (yes, a reference to Russell Brand, whom I love and admire).
I wanted to use this space, to place samples of my work, and to chit-chat generally about my silly existence. I’m one of these people who quite dramatic things happen to a lot, and so I do have quite a lot to write about. I’ll not go into that now, but I will as time goes on.
About this writing lark. I started writing around six years ago. I did this to keep my vivid imagination under control which quite frankly, scares the hell out of me sometimes. Plus, too, I am an avid reader, and was sick of seeing these silly, girly stories about shopping and boys. I wanted to write things about the darker side of being a girl, and so far I think I’ve been doing it quite well.
My first book, Mayhem with Angels, was finished about two years ago, and it’s a story about rock stars. Being an avid music-lover myself, I thought of the idea to do it at a gig, one of the best gigs I’ve ever been to in my life actually. I’ll not say who it was, but there’s three of them, they’re punks, and they certainly don’t wanna be seen as American idiots… I looked around at all the people screaming with excitement and remember thinking that, it was a shame that all this exhilaration couldn’t be packaged in some way. So I thought, well why not write a book about it?
Years and many mosh-pits endured later (for research, of course), I came up with something better than I thought I was capable of ever doing, and thus decided to try and be serious about it. Authoring I mean. And I really am very serious about it.

Anyway, that’s it for now.

Have fun :) 

C X

No comments:

Post a Comment